Monday, October 17, 2005

And the beat goes on....

Well, we have now been logged into CCAA for almost 4 months. Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives. Not much to do except wait and read of other families and their adventures. That's okay though, our time will be here EXACTLY when God sanctions. You know, He has all this stuff figured out and nothing gets lost in any type of "shuffle". We are certainly well taken of, i assure you.

The Clapp family left last night to bring home their precious Elizabeth. I hate that I will be in San Francisco on a business trip when they arrive back home. I would so love seeing them come through the airport gate holding that beautiful little girl. It gives me chill bumps just thinking about it.

We had a wonderful time this past Saturday at “Our China Angels” first annual Harvest Moon Festival celebration at Sugar Hollow Park in Bristol, VA. We timed the event for a full moon and the weather was brisk, clear, and beautiful. It was a perfect evening with wonderful food and great fellowship.

It seems that the time to referral from CCAA login has increased slightly. In fact, Living Hope even skipped an entire month of referrals. I’m not sure if that was due to the timing of when the batch of dossiers was sent to China, but I am suspecting it was. If so, hopefully the timeline will get back on track in subsequent months.

We are currently expecting a December or January referral and then travel about 8 weeks after that. Of course, the Chinese New Year may interrupt scheduling since many Chinese offices are closed for up to two weeks during this time. In 2006, the Chinese New Year will be celebrated near the end of January.

We recently had some pictures taken of Jada that turned out exceptionally well. I have attached one here that I think you will enjoy.

Until next time,
Richard

No comments: